This time, it’s a yummy Hello, guys!! As girls and moms , we have always been bombarded with the questions “Aaj kya banega?” (what will you make for dinner?) by our family members. This question has always been upsetting me as well.
I got this recipe idea on a day when we had some extra cooked rice and had no idea what to prepare for dinner/evening snacks. My mom gave me this idea of using rice to make cutlets. At first, I was confused with the idea of rice cutlets but believe me, the end result was amazing and yummy as well. I was surprised to see all my cutlets getting over from the dish the very next second it was served.
So I thought I should share the recipe with you guys as well and make one evening go easy for you without the cliched question “Aaj kya banega?”
RICE AND VEGETABLE CUTLET RECIPE
Serves : 4 People Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 30 mins
Steamed Rice – ¾ cup
Rava/ Semolina -¼ cup
Corn flour -2 or 3 tablespoon
Capsicum (finely chopped) -½ cup
Beans (finely chopped) -½ cup
Green chili (finely chopped) -2
Red chili powder -2 tbsp
Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
Coriander powder -1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Firstly, if you have leftover rice you can continue with next step. If you do not have it’s okay. Take rice, add enough water and salt and put it on the flame to cook.
- While rice is cooking, take all the vegetables like capsicum and beans and finely chop them. Also finely chop green chilli and keep them aside.
- Now check your rice , it must have got cooked. Drain the water and allow the rice to get cool.
- To the rice now add Rava/semolina , cornflour , vegetables, green chilli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt and mix them well.
- Now make small balls of this mixture and gently press them between palms to give it flat round shape of cutlets. Press it on sides to give even shape.
- Now all our cutlets are ready to fry. Take a flat pan or tava. Pour some oil and place 4-5 cutlets at a time to fry. Let them fry at a medium heat and keep flipping them on another side for an even fry.
- Once they are dark brown, take them down from the heat on the plate. Do the same for all.
Our cutlets are ready to serve with any ketchup. Serve them hot and your easy evening snack is ready!!
- Using rice that is soaked beforehand helps in fast cooking. Try soaking rice for an hour or more before the time you need to cook.
- Here I used capsicum and beans but you can use any vegetable of your choice and as many as you want. Just make sure they are finely chopped so that they could be totally mixed with other ingredients.
I have also added a recipe image for easy downloading and for further use. Click the recipe image above or here to download the free printable.